We are 25 days out from the election, and in order for John McCain to win he needs to take the gloves off. With Obama’s advantage in the polls rising, it is do or die for the McCain camp. Many have pleaded with McCain to begin this strategy, but he has yet to follow through.
I, personally, felt that the second debate would have been a perfect forum for him to begin to take it to Obama. If there was ever a debate for this to occur, what better format then a town hall meeting? In the end, however, McCain did deliver some blows, but none to the extent that he should have. There were times in which you could see McCain beginning to get going, but then it seemed like he hit the brakes, and kept his composure. Do not get me wrong, I was not expecting, nor would I want, McCain to come out acting like a lunatic with no control, but, I did want him to criticize more of Obama’s policies. I wanted him to stand up to Obama, tell both the American people and Obama himself, that he is flat out wrong in the direction he wants to take this nation. But he did not do that, he gave Obama opportunities to fight back, especially when it came to the economy.
I, personally, felt that the second debate would have been a perfect forum for him to begin to take it to Obama. If there was ever a debate for this to occur, what better format then a town hall meeting? In the end, however, McCain did deliver some blows, but none to the extent that he should have. There were times in which you could see McCain beginning to get going, but then it seemed like he hit the brakes, and kept his composure. Do not get me wrong, I was not expecting, nor would I want, McCain to come out acting like a lunatic with no control, but, I did want him to criticize more of Obama’s policies. I wanted him to stand up to Obama, tell both the American people and Obama himself, that he is flat out wrong in the direction he wants to take this nation. But he did not do that, he gave Obama opportunities to fight back, especially when it came to the economy.I have herd, countless times, how Obama will cut taxes for 95% of taxpayers, and it hurts me every time I hear it. As McCain said in the debate on Tuesday night, he was elected to the Illinois senate on the same platform, but did he cut taxes, no, he did not even try. Also, why doesn’t McCain being up the issue of how he plans on stabilizing our very fragile economy with the most spending and government programs in history?
Right now, McCain seems to focus simply on Obama’s relationship with domestic terrorist Bill Ayres. Is this an issue, yes it is, but not one that McCain needs to focus on as much as he has been. With November 4th only getting closer, McCain needs to start taking some major shots at Obama’s platform. The key is to find that one problem with Obama that will resonate with the American people. Will it be Obama’s so called “tax cut?” How about his plans to spend more government money than anyone in history at a time in which there is very little money to be spent? In the end, who knows, but the McCain people need to find out what this issue is, before it is too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment